Bartending & Beverage Management
Upon completion of your course, you become a lifelong member of our family. Come back to practice in our facilities, take advantage of our placement services, or attend a complete refresher bartending course at no charge.
BARTENDING CERTIFICATE PROGRAM (45-HOURS)
- New classes start every Monday.
- Classes are complete in only three weeks, Monday through Friday. You can choose to attend either day or evening classes.
- Three weeks of "on the job" training in our simulated cocktail lounge will help you increase your speed, coordination and confidence behind the bar.
Upon graduation, you will have a full understanding of:
- Liquors and liqueurs
- Lingo and customer service tips
- The back bar and under bar
- Bar tools and equipment
- Over 200 cocktails, including New Orleans' classics like the Sazerac and the Hurricane, the Gulf Coast's own Bushwhacker, and the latest shooters
BARTENDING / BEVERAGE MANAGEMENT COURSE (12 WEEK)
This course will help you move into a Head Bartender or Beverage Manager position. If you plan on opening your own establishment, we will give you the skills needed to turn a profit and avoid common pitfalls.
Attend Monday - Friday, day or evening classes.
Learn everything from the Bartending program, plus lots more:
- Field trips and guest lectures -- visit working breweries and talk with industry experts
- Staffing -- Hiring, training, motivation and scheduling
- Inventory management -- Purchasing, receiving, storing and issuing of liquor
- Cost control -- Understanding your budget, beverage cost, and protecting your profit
- Marketing -- Techniques to bring customers in and keep them coming back
- Spirits, beer and wine -- How are they made, how are they alike or different