Take A Free Quiz
Is Crescent right for you? Find out!

Pell Grants

Many Crescent students use Pell grants to pay for their tuition

Federal Program Offers Another Source of Financing for Students

A Pell Grant is money the government provides for students who need it to pay for college. Grants, unlike loans, do not have to be repaid. Eligible students receive a specified amount each year under this program. Over one-third of undergraduate students received a Pell Grant last year.

You’re eligible for a Pell Grant if you have financial need. To be eligible for a Pell Grant, you must also:

- Be an undergraduate student who has not earned a bachelor's degree (with some exceptions for students in post baccalaureate teaching programs)
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program, like Crescent's.
- Have earned a high school diploma or a GED or have completed a high school education in an approved home-school setting
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen

The maximum Pell Grant for the 2017-2018 award year is $5,815. The amount of the grant depends on your financial need and other factors, including the amount of time you attend college (whether a full academic year or less, and whether you attend full-time or part-time). You cannot receive Pell Grant funds from more than one college at a time.

What to Expect

Crescent admissions reps guide you through the financial aid processA college may credit Pell Grant funds to your account, pay you directly or use a combination of these two methods. The college must notify you in writing of the amount of the Pell Grant, and of how and when payments are made.

To apply for Pell Grants, as well as all federal, state and some institutional financial aid programs, start with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at the bottom of this page.

You can request a paper FAFSA from the Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC) at 800-4-FED-AID (433-3243).

Learn more about students loans here.

We are here to help you through the financial aid process. Call an Admissions Representative at the campus you want to attend for questions and assistance.

Call Joe or Kathy in Las Vegas: (702) 458-9910
Call Josh or John in New Orleans: (504) 822-3362
Call Kay at Tunica Resorts/Memphis: (662) 363-9999
Call Daryl or Autumn in Gulfport/Biloxi: (228) 822-2444

Get started today by clicking the FAFSA logo below.

Use School Code: 030104.

(Note: When you enter our School code, the New Orleans, Louisiana location will pop up. This is the correct choice, even if you want to attend school at a Crescent location in Mississippi or Nevada. Make sure you fill out the latest 2017-2018 application.)