Higher Education Emergency Relief Grant
Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
July 31, 2020
Crescent City Schools of Gaming and Bartending (OPE ID; 03010400) received education stabilization funds under Section18004(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act ("CARES Act"), Public Law No: 116-136. This Fund Report applies to the student portion received under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund that is designated exclusively for emergency financial aid grants to students.
The institution appreciates that Congress and the President have made these critical funds available tor eligible students who have expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus pandemic. We take receipt of these federal funds seriously and are distributing them in accordance with the CARES Act and implementing guidance.
The institution is making the below information available for transparency purposes and in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education's ("Department") Electronic Announcement of May 6, 2020. For questions or concerns regarding this Fund Report, please contact Bill Shenesey, Director, at Bill.S@Crescent.edu.
- The institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. The institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide emergency financial aid grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution's Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $278,817.
- The total amount of emergency financial aid grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, as of the date of this Fund Report is 0.
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, and thus eligible to receive emergency financial aid grants under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, as of the date of this Fund Report is 163.
- The total number of students who have received an emergency financial aid grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of this Fund Report is 0.
- The methods used by the institution to determine which students receive emergency financial aid grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- Crescent City Schools of Gaming and Bartending’s students will be individually evaluated for the CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF). Students will be instructed by our Financial Aid office regarding the emergency funding to students through the CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) on an individual basis. The Financial Aid office will evaluate the student based on their EFC and the “HEERF Grant form” (attached).
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the emergency financial aid grants are provided as the copy of the email Sent to students with attached application.
- The Financial Aid office will evaluate the students based on their EFC and the “HEERF Grant form”.